Dairy-Free Chocolate Pudding Recipe
|Difficulty||Makes||Hands-On Time||Total Time|
|Beginner||4 cups (4-8 Servings)||5 minutes||35 minutes|
- 6 ounces semisweet or dark chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1 pound silken tofu
- 3 tablespoons Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup agave nectar, brown rice syrup, or honey
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Place chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat and stir frequently until melted; set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process, pausing to scrape down sides as needed, until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to an airtight container or individual serving dishes, cover, and refrigerate until chilled thoroughly, at least 30 minutes. Can be made up to 4 days ahead and stored in a refrigerated airtight container. Stir briefly before serving.
This recipe is part of my week of healthy back to school recipes.