Cherries, meet Sangria. Sangria, cherries. You guys will be best friends, I promise.
I know so, because I’ve been pairing you for a few weeks now. Variations of this very drink have been concocted and I’ve been toting it about — from bike-in movies with friends to happy hour with my brother and even a celebratory birthday cheers. To say you’ve been well received doesn’t even begin to describe it because together you make for a subtle, not-too-sweet, but quite potent Sangria. The only problem? You’re almost too easy to drink.
Ruby Red Cherry-Citrus Sangria
- Makes: 8 to 12 servings // About 2 liters
- Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
- 1 (750) bottle rosé wine
- 1 cup Chambord or other quality cassis or blackberry liqueur
- 1 cup 100% cherry juice (no sugar added)
- 1/2 cup cherry herring
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 small orange, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 lime, cut into thin rounds
- 2 cups chilled club soda
Combine everything except club soda in a pitcher and let sit at least 2 hours before using.
To serve, fill a glass with some ice, fill 3/4 with sangria and top with club soda and serve.